Ever been wondering how to grind weed without a grinder?
I know I have, although that was a long time ago since I succumbed to using a grinder myself eventually and haven’t looked back.
I’ll let you in on a few great ways to grind your weed without a grinder in a moment, but first I’ll just say this..
Nothing actually beats using a real weed grinder for your buds or solids if you’re planning to grind weed more than say, once or twice.
If you’re grinding weed at least semi-regularly, just get yourself a simple enough grinder and save yourself the time and trouble of trying to get by without one. They’re not expensive at $15-30 and if you can afford buying weed, you can arguably afford grinding it properly.
I use 2 from MonsterSmokeShop.com, the Mini 1″ “pocket grinder” and the large-sized Sweetleaf which are both decent and highly recommended (I prefer aluminum over wood, it just feels and looks more classy although either works just as well). See my list of the best weed grinders if you decide you need one.
Anyways, enough about grinders. If you really don’t want to use one, here’s a list of things you can try instead:
How to Grind Weed Without a Grinder – Homemade Options
- Knife and chopping board – Works alright, especially if it’s just a small amount you want to grind. If you’ve been chopping a lot of salads you already know the drill. Pro tip though: Use a non-serrated knife.
- Coffee grinder – Probably the best way to grind larger amounts of weed without a grinder. Just don’t let it run for too long or it may get too powder-ish. Clean it thoroughly afterwards if you aren’t fond of THC-spiked coffee.
- Small scissors and shot glass – Used to be my favorite way to get by without a grinder. Any small glass will do. Put some bud in the glass and start snipping. Fast method for grinding smaller herb amounts.
- Using your fingers – It will obviously have to do if you’re out of options but not a favorable way since, unless your weed is very dry, you may end up just mashing and squeezing it together rather than crushing it. You’ll want it well-ground if you plan on using it in a rolling paper. The perhaps more serious problem is that THC crystals may also be lost, sticking to your fingers.
- Medicine bottle and coin – Put some bud, along with a clean coin, inside the pill bottle and shake it. Hard. And long. Takes some time but usually gets the job done.
There are also guides on how to make a weed grinder at home, but these are usually less effective than the grinding methods listed above!
Obviously there are ways to grind weed without using a grinder. I’d say that among the ones above, the shot glass and the scissors works best.
Seriously though.. Get yourself a cheap grinder sooner rather than later. I recommend this site where I got mine from. It really is worth it.
Here’s how to make a homemade weed grinder (electric) in a really creative way.
Quite the hassle though!
What do you think?