Are you facing a hair follicle drug test in the near future?
Although it has become more recognized lately that cheating on urine tests is a very real thing, many professionals believe these hair tests can’t be fooled.
They are wrong though. It may take a little more commitment to pass a hair test than other drug tests, but it’s definitely doable once you know how to.
The use of hair follicle screenings has actually increased a lot over the last decade.
And the reasons are obvious:
- The detection time is way longer than other tests.
- It isn’t at all invasive.
- It’s considered hard to cheat, since there are no privacy concerns obtaining it and thus harder to tamper with the sample in any way.
- It’s very accurate.
Table of Contents
Basic Understanding Of The Test
In your typical hair drug test a thin strand of hair is taken close to the scalp using scissors and placed in a sealed container. 1.5 inches of this is used. This detects drug use about 3 months back, one month per every half-inch of hair.
It is however definitely possible to go back further, even up to a year and detect drug use, but this is not how the standard tests work and pretty much reserved only for certain legal situations. If you’re really worried I suggest you do some reasearch into what test specifically it is you’re taking, what lab and so on.
If there is no head hair available, hair from other places of the body works as well.
The sample is then shipped to the laboratory where it is chemically washed to eliminate any false positives from outer contact with drugs and then analyzed.
Generally you will have your results within the next three days or so.
For you hair to grow it, just like the rest of the body, needs to get its supplies from your blood. When there are toxins (such as THC and metabolites) in your blood these get deposited in your hair follicles along with the building blocks (amino acids/proteins/minerals and what not). The hair follicle is the sac from which a hairs grows out of.
So when your hair grows, these toxin traces are trapped inside and serve as great evidence to examine what toxins were in your body at a certain time. The time can be roughly estimated by knowing how fast hair grows.
It takes about a week for drugs used to be detectable in your hair (the time it takes for hair to grow past the scalp surface).
How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test
Yep, time for the interesting part. How do you pass this infamous test (aside from being clean the last 3+ months) when regular detox won’t affect your hair?
It’s definitely beatable and many forum members will attest to this over the internet. Myself included. It is however a bit expensive if you want the best solution for it. Which also seems to be the only really reliable method at the time. First, let’s look into the available shampoos for cheating this test.
The two best detox shampoos to beat the hair follicle drug test, based on the account of many who actually have passed it, are:
- Aloe Rid (old formula) – the core product when it comes to reliably beating a hair drug test. It’s worth repeating; old formula or it doesn’t work. TestClear still sells the old one, although they’re often short in supply and it isn’t very cheap. Yet I would never attempt to pass the follicle test without it. Yep, it’s THAT important. It is sold combined with Ultra Clean since they synergize very well. It’s also part of the Macujo method (see below) which is considered the best method to beat this test currently.
- Ultra Clean – A popularly mentioned shampoo around the web. It is somewhat effective in that it definitely increases your chances. To be used on the same day of your test. It is in no way reliable on its own though, and shines in synergy with the core of Aloe Rid. This shampoo alone is not as expensive, but as with so many other things it holds true that if you want more powerful stuff it’ll cost you more.
There are a few more (not many though) I could mention but the above mentioned are the ones I use and would suggest anyone else serious about having your hair pass the test use too.
But shampoos are not the only thing you can (or should) use to cheat the hair follicle test..
The Macujo Method
The Macujo method is the most effective method you’ll find to beat the hair follicle test at the moment. Literally hundreds of weed users have used it to pass their test and shared their success. Hence with time it’s gained popularity over the internet. Judging from user feedback online it’s rocking a well over 90% success rate in beating the hair test and is now probably the most discussed method for passing the test on online and social platforms.
I’ve beaten 3 hair tests myself using the method, and this after regular (almost daily) marijuana use.
Most people don’t give back to the forums however, so the ones that have actually passed using the Macujo method are probably more in the thousands or tens of thousands. The ones that failed may have just been unlucky, since nothing works for everyone when it comes to drug testing, but it could also be that they didn’t do it right.
The Macujo method has actually been around since the early 2000’s, it just wasn’t as well-known back then.
What you need:
- Nexus Aloe Rid Shampoo. As mentioned above it needs to be the old formula that uses propylene glycol. Costly, but nothing else really comes close to it. You can get the old formula here.
- A shampoo using salicylic acid. I use Neutrogena T/Sal (3% salicylic acid)
- Liquid tide detergent. I use this one but any brand at your local grocery store works just as well.
- Heinz vinegar. Any white vinegar is fine.
- Shower caps. At the very least a pack of 10. I get these since they’re cheap and effective. 100 may be overkill, but then again, maybe not. You’ll need a lot.
- Goggles. To protect your eyes from burning. Any swimming goggles will do.
During the 3 last days before your test, preferably longer (9 or 10 days ideal), follow these instruction at least 8-10 times. If you start 10 days in advance, you can do it once daily, if you have just 5 days, then twice daily is appropriate.
First you need access to a sink where you can wash and rinse your hair with warm water.
- Put on your goggles. This is gonna get messy!
- Wet you hair under the warm water.
- Massage vinegar into your hair and scalp. Don’t skimp. Avoid getting this in your eyes.
- Take some Neutrogena T/Sal and massage it into your hair and scalp as well. This may burn. Then wipe clean exposed skin that are not part of the scalp such as ears and forehead.
- Put on a shower cap and let it sit for 30-40 min and use a wet towel to wipe away what escapes the shower cap.
- Remove the shower cap and rinse your hair.
- Wash and rinse your hair twice using Nexus Aloe Rid Shampoo.
- Rinse THOROUGHLY. Use a small amount of tide detergent to help with the final wash, and plenty of warm water.
- (Optional) After an hour or so, if your hair feels uncomfortably dry, use a conditioner to return some of its moist.
The theory is that this process works through opening up your hair to allow Aloe Rid to take full effect.
Personally I follow this method to the dot. Use the Ultra Clean on the day of your test.
Home Testing Kits
This deserves to be mentioned since it can be very helpful with tracking your detox progress to see if you attempts at cleansing your hair follicles has paid off.
Hair home tests differ from urine and saliva in that samples need to be sent to a lab to be analyzed. This should be included in a good hair test kit, and is the reasons these test cost a little more.
Hair Confirm is a good testing brand and the one TestClear sells. It works like this:
- Once you get your test kit, you place your hair sample in the envelope included with the kit.
- You then send the envelope to the testing lab (the address is on it and shipping is pre-paid). It arrives in one business day.
- In a few business days you get your test results (everything is anonymous so you don’t risk anything testing yourself like this).
For a really high-stakes drug test a home test like this might be worth considering.
Personally I usually don’t use a home test for my hair tests, although I do use home tests myself before urine screenings.
There is another option that is regarded as reasonably effective among the community froums. It’s sometimes referred to as the Jerry G method and uses peroxide bleach, baking soda and hair dying among a few other things.
The downside to it is that it quite literally destroys your hair through repeated bleaching and that you may want to shave it off after the test. This is probably the main reason most people prefer the Macujo method over this.
I myself have never tried this one since I love my hair way too much for that.
Which brings me to a third option, let’s call it the shaving method.
Basically it means shaving all of your hair off. Not just on your head, but the rest of your body as well since that hair can be used as substitute.
In theory this works to avoid the hair test although you’ll likely have to do a urine test instead. Worst case scenario they’ll refuse to hire you out of suspicions. I mean, let’s be frank here, who does that? Shaving every hair off their body, that is.
If you had hair during your first interview and not at the time of your drug test, I shouldn’t have to tell you why that is even more suspicious.
If you can prove you’re a professional swimmer then sure, go ahead.
What are your thoughts on how to pass the hair follicle drug test?