So you have a piss test coming up, but you know you’re not clean enough to pass it?
And there isn’t enough time to get clean either, should you want to.. Why should you even have to…
The truth is, lots of people use synthetic urine to pass their urine drug test, or have done so at some point in their past.
But this is 2018 and things change, drug testing companies are constantly evolving.. As a direct result of this, substituting fake pee for your own has become significantly harder to get away with than it once was.
Not only has the supervision become stricter, making it more difficult to hide and use fake urine.. But nowadays the labs have also developed testing methods for this, meaning they can sometimes detect if the urine isn’t from a human body in origin.
Take special note of the sometimes, though, since there is actually good news awaiting you at the end of the tunnel (or article, in this case).
So, with that intimidating truth out of the way, I want to say this:
Rest assured, it’s still very possible to pass your test using synthetic urine. You just need to know WHEN it’s a good option, when it isn’t, and only use the best fake urine brands on the market. That means, the ones that are consistently reliable and won’t be detected as not genuine.
And a bunch of other things to make the whole process a lot smoother..
Don’t worry though. I have covered all you need to know on this very page.
Among other things, you’ll learn:
- Whether or not artificial urine still works (I’ve hinted at this already though)
- The pros and cons of using synthetic urine
- All the main factors you need to consider when deciding whether or not using fake urine is a good idea to beat your particular drug test to begin with
- Smart hiding spots for your fake pee container to not get caught with your pants down, excuse the pun
- The markers the labs use to decide whether the urine is fake or the real deal
- What brands sell the best synthetic urine to my knowledge (a.k.a. urine that actually works and can be relied on) and the pros and cons of each
- The answers to a lot of common questions, some of which may have already crossed your mind
So, with that said, let’s jump right in!
(If you’re really impatient.. –>Thanks but I know what I’m doing. Just show me what fake urine works best in 2018!)
Table of Contents
- 1 Does Synthetic Urine Work For Drug Tests?
- 2 Advantages (And Disadvantages) Of Using Artificial Urine To Pass Your Piss Test
- 3 When A Fake Urine Kit IS A Good Idea – The Four Key Factors
- 4 Where To Hide The Synthetic Pee During A Supervised Urine Test?
- 5 The Urinalysis Adulteration Check And Markers
- 6 Best Synthetic Urine – Review Of The Top Rated Fake Pee Brands And Where To Buy Them
Does Synthetic Urine Work For Drug Tests?
In short, yes, synthetic urine works to pass a urinalysis.
It’s toxin free and it’s what the testing labs themselves use to calibrate their equipment, since it gives the same, consistent result. How’s that for foolproof?
It’s a little more complicated though nowadays than it once was, and not always the best option for your drug exam.
But, as touched on before, as long as you use quality stuff and know when you may want to avoid using it, you should be all good.
I’ll explain just that in a minute.
Advantages (And Disadvantages) Of Using Artificial Urine To Pass Your Piss Test
Although not being able to pass your test with your own, natural urine is never the most ideal situation to be in, it’s one that many find themselves in every now and then.
And when that’s the case, what are your options really? The 3 main ones are:
- Use your natural urine, and fail the test (meaning lose you job, opportunity etc. BLEH..)
- Set your focus on hardcore detox, and pass with your own pee in the end (my favorite when applicable, but this still only works well for lighter users, or when there’s plenty of time until the test)
- Substitute your urine with clean urine, and pass your test (YAY!)
As you can see here, sometimes urine substitution really is the only decent option for getting that job, or avoiding that uncomfortable situation that a failed test would put you in. But there are other benefits to taking the fake piss path as well, even if you in theory could be clean in time and not need it, including:
- You don’t have to stop smoking to pass your urine tests – A neat thing for the true pot-heads among us is of course the fact that synthetic urine is unaffected by the half-life of whatever we take, making it a dope (excuse the pun again) solution for many chronic and heavy stoners
- It doesn’t matter how little advance notice you have of your test – Let’s say you generally stop smoking before your tests to pass, but this time there is just too little time. Synthetic Urine keeps you from becoming desperate, since it’s almost tailor-made for urgent ones. Same goes for random drug tests popping up right after you ingested those delicious tetrahydrocannabinol-enhanced brownies or were injured in an accident where insurance gets involved. This, of course, relies on you having some fake pee stocked up at home, which is why I recommend people at risk for random tests to keep a pack at home at all times. If you have to order online or try to find a store in time, especially for same day tests, that may very well be the difference between pass and fail. Besides, this stuff’s got a pretty long shelf-life anyways.
- No risk of an over-diluted result – Even when you’re completely drug free, you can sometimes get an unacceptable result due to over-dilution. This is only really a concern for people who drink a lot of liquids daily in general (which is great for you in most other cases), and generally means you have to re-test.
- Budget friendly – This one’s sort of a double-edged sword, since the best fake urines available do cost a bit (not much at all compared to missing out on a job though). But if you’re a medium to heavy smoker and are looking at either detox or piss substitution from a budget perspective, the most effective detox products (that are very often highly warranted) often end up costing quite a bit more in the end.
- Not a viable option for all urine tests – Sometimes you’ll have someone watching you closely as you urinate to make sure you’re not doing anything shady (not using your own urine would count as that here, obviously). On the bright side, this is extremely rare when it comes to pre-employment tests, and reserved for tests that have a more legal sort of repercussions (probation, court ordered tests, etc).
- Not all fake pee will pass you the test – Again, this comes back to using a quality brand of artificial urine with a complete formula, and not just the cheapest one that was available at the local head shop.
- It’s not free – Clearly, if you were naturally clean you wouldn’t need to cough up some cash to get fake urine, and that would be great indeed! But one must remember what’s at stake with this test, meaning that for most people it’s a small price to pay for what passing your test will yield in return.
- Using fake urine can seem complicated and cause anxiety and worry – It’s not uncommon for people to be worried of getting caught, the urine not holding up in the lab after all, getting the pee to the right temperature, and so on. The top fake urine kit products are good in the sense that they’re really complete solutions, and will include precise step-by-step instructions and the necessary equipment to heat and gauge temperature and whatever else you’ll need. Combine that with what you learn on this page, and you’ll be plenty prepared and have little need to worry.
For many, urine substitution is the ideal tool to be able to protect their privacy while still enjoying their chosen lifestyle and leisure time without balancing sacrifices, be it partying or just recreationally relaxing. Even where weed is legalized (which includes more and more places as of late) it’s not uncommon for people to have to put up with absurd bullshit tests deciding their future employment, possibly impacting other opportunities of employment as well.
When A Fake Urine Kit IS A Good Idea – The Four Key Factors
As mentioned earlier, using synthetic urine to simulate real pee is definitely a viable option for some, if not most, piss tests. I have used it myself many times, but I would only recommend this if you know that the following factors hold true:
- Your urine test is not supervised (no witness will be watching you or invading your privacy by peeking over your shoulder as you pee in the cup).
- It is a supervised test but you KNOW that they won’t make you pull down your undies to your knees and your shirt above your navel or watch carefully as the pee leaves your body. They do this more often as of lately due to the many people who beat urine tests by sneaking in fake pee in the past, relying on hiding it in their underwear and/or on prosthetic fake penises/urinators with backstraps (Whizzinator anyone?). Mandatory pre-employment tests are generally not that thorough though and often unsupervised.
- You use a reliable and high-quality brand of fake urine. There are many rip-off products out there that either never worked or did work once upon a time. Drug companies have become better at detecting if urine is synthetic or not though, so low quality brands are highly unreliable. I recommend Sub-Solution which is the one I have the most experience with and what me and my friends use when we need to. It’s a powdered urine kit and in my humble opinion unparalleled by the competition, but I’ll go into more of the pros of this one further down.
- You can’t, at least relatively effortlessly, pass the test without it. I put this one here primarily because I myself am a big fan of and generally prefer detox over substitution. But that’s partly because I’m more of a low to medium frequency smoker nowadays, although one can’t forget the ease of mind it means to not have the slightest worry about it turning out a supervised drug test after all. Sometimes you really can’t pass without it, as in let’s say you smoked a huge amount of cannabis on the day of your drug examination.. Then detoxing or attempting to mask the drugs are not realistic methods for you, but using urine that isn’t yours to test negative, very much is. By relatively effortlessly I mean, let’s say you don’t smoke more than once every other week, and not a lot. Passing it without fake urine would be relatively effortless if you can abstain just a week or two, perhaps some detox to that as well. But if you are a long time heavy smoker and don’t really wanna quit in the first place, a more reasonable time-frame to pass it would be 1-2 months, and that’s with complete abstinence and focus on detox already being taken for granted. Ordering some synthetic urine is starting to make sense for you from a perspective of less effort now, isn’t it?
So, if the above mentioned terms fit with your situation and specific urine drug test, then by all means go ahead, it may very well be your best bet and you’ll likely pass it without any problems.
If they don’t however, or if you’re not so sure..
First of all you may wanna do some research on your specific company online or ask trusted friends having worked there whether they do supervised tests or not. But again, unsupervised is by far the norm.
But aside from that though, when not sure these above rules apply, cleansing yourself through proper THC detox and using your real pee would be the much safer route to pass your urine drug test in my opinion.
Where To Hide The Synthetic Pee During A Supervised Urine Test?
A great question which can be tough to answer.
Nobody wants to endure the terrifying embarrassment of being called out with the evidence on hand, not to mention its impact on getting/keeping the job etc. Dreadful indeed..
In reality though, it depends a lot on the specific testing facility protocol, and thus you may want to do some research about what company does the testing for your job/organisation and their methods.
As I touched on in key factor nr. 2 above, sometimes you may be compelled to pull your pants down to your knees and your shirt up above your navel. I’ve also heard of testing facilities that make you put some sort of bath robe on. This isn’t the standard norm however, so do your research on this one.
If it’s an unsupervised test you shouldn’t really need to hide it at all while peeing, so just use some common sense while transporting it so it doesn’t give any hints or look bulky. Same goes for self-administered ones, duh. Most common is the groin area inside your undies or possibly bra if you’re a female.
Here are some crafty ideas on where to hide it for a supervised but not super-strict test;
- Bag or satchel taped or tied to your inner thigh. This is a real classic.
- Wearing dual jocks or leggings and keeping the bag in-between them.
- Up your vagina. (If you’re a female that is. And yes, I’m very serious, this is certainly an option).
- In your bra (again, if you’re a female). A sports bra and a looser shirt should do it.
- In a special synthetic pee belt attached above your navel. If you read about possible inspection methods above you will understand why this is actually a really clever way.
- Vinyl pouch up the back door (slightly disgusting perhaps but hey, nobody said it was gonna be pleasant).
Tried any of the above? What’s your personal dummy-proof hiding spot that has worked? Let me and others know in the comments. If it’s good I might add it to the list!
The Urinalysis Adulteration Check And Markers
An important part of the drug testing process of urine samples is the adulteration check.
This is done to determine whether the specimen being tested is genuine and not fake/synthetic, is diluted, or if it has been tampered with in order to mask drug metabolites in any way.
Here are a few important things the test examines;
- pH – Normal pH in urine ranges from 4.6 and 8 but slightly more or less may be acceptable. If yours not within the range it is a clear sign of adulteration.
- Specific gravity – This reveals the concentration of solutes and density of your urine sample compared to water. The reference range for specific gravity is 1.005-1.030.
- Temperature – It should be between 90 °F and 100 °F (or 32-38 °C) to not look suspicious, preferably closer to the upper middle of that range. Temperature is one of the most common and crucial mistakes people substituting urine make. Even if a fever can raise urine temperature slightly above normal, it’s rare and that excuse isn’t likely to pass if it’s too hot.
- Creatinine levels – If your sample isn’t above 15 mg/kg of bodyweight it indicates that it’s diluted.
- Uric acid – No uric acid means non-genuine, substituted pee.
- Glutaraldehyde – Present in many urine masking agent products and not naturally present in urine. Thus, an obvious sign a sample has been tampered with.
- Nitrate – Same as above, shouldn’t be present i natural pee.
- Urea – One of the more recent compounds labs have started testing for. If it isn’t present in your sample, they will know it’s nothing but fake piss.
- Color and odor – Although not officially part of the test, if your pee looks and smells like water, it’s common sense to suspect it may be diluted which may warrant extra testing (which is why b-vitamins are so common when diluting urine, since they add a yellow color).
I do want to mention as well though, since it’s commonly brought up, some things that are not tested for. These include gender specific stuff, hormones and genetic stuff such as DNA, pregnancy. In other words, they don’t see whether the urine is from a male or female, thus all urine, fake or real, can be considered gender-neutral for this matter.
Either way, you can probably understand now why you need high-grade, quality synthetic urine in order to make sure you don’t get caught. Which brings us to…
Best Synthetic Urine – Review Of The Top Rated Fake Pee Brands And Where To Buy Them
Below I’ve listed and briefly reviewed the best synthetic urine kit brands and my personal preferences:
Sub-Solution powdered urine kit review
This is the synthetic urine I use the most and would vouch for personally. It has a significant edge over the competition in that if you need to, you can heat it up in a matter of seconds, not having to wait half an hour or more as with heating pads.
This is because it comes with a chemical heating powder. You can mix some of this with the urine in order to heat it up on demand.
I was skeptical at first in regards to this way of heating it since it was new to me. Could it be detected? Is it hard to hit the right temperature? But it now stands clear to me that it is the better way of doing it. It can’t be detected and heating it up is dummy-proof. Of course a temperature strip is included as well.
Sub-Solution clearly outshines other brands at times when you’re in the booth leaving your urine sample and you notice you’re urine isn’t of high enough temperature. Where a hand-warmer or heating pad wouldn’t be able to get the job done in time and you’d normally be screwed, simply mixing a little heating powder in to re-warm it instantly does the trick.
Same goes for random urine tests. If you’re compelled to take a test on the spot, even if you have your fake urine with you, you don’t have 30 minutes of time to heat your sample. Random test beating = instant heating.
Another thing I like particularly though is that Sub-Solution actually behaves like urine should. This avoids unnecessary suspicion that may warrant further testing of your sample. It looks like urine, smells like urine and foams when shaken up.
Not that I like the smell of urine in general, but in this case I definitely do. Natural urine smells like urine, so should this.
It’s made by Clear Choice, a pioneer that’s been around for more than 20 years (since 1993), and is sold from their main website www.testnegative.com with a 200% money back guarantee.
As a newbie bonus, it comes with very clear user instructions to boot.
Purine powdered urine kit review
I used to use Purine pretty much exclusively for a while, but now find Sub-Solution superior mainly due to its option of a fast heating method. Purine is still decent and when needed I get it here from TestClear.
Includes a heater, temperature strip and of course instructions, although you may want to add an extra heater (in case your test gets delayed) and perhaps a digital thermometer at checkout.
It is in powder form and when mixed it has all the right qualities needed to pass the urine drug test.
It smells and behaves like urine should, on par with Sub-Solution in that regard.
If you know you will have no need for instantly heating your sample, this is definitely a valid choice as well.
Quick Fix review
Quick Fix is likely the most well-known synthetic pee brand. They have an original version and a plus version, the difference being how much urine you get.
You need to heat it with a heater to desired temperature, which can take up to 45 min unless you have access to microwaving it briefly.
There is also Quick Fix Plus, the main difference being you get 4oz as opposed to 2 oz of urine.
The QF urine does not smell of anything in particular, which gives Purine the edge over QuickFix, most other factors being the same. Sub-Solution, in my opinion, has an edge over both of them but also costs slightly more. Passing your test will always be worth it in the end though.
QF has had some issues in the past with their synthetic coming back as invalid or “not-human”, as can be seen from several online reviews. Many of these were however caused by a counterfeit product that someone illegally distributed to stores as Quick Fix, when it wasn’t. Low quality copies of the QF boxes and its printing were used. This should be resolved by now, but if you happen to have an old Quick Fix lying around which looks sub-par in quality, you may want to investigate further and verify the batch number with the manufacturers.
In light of this, if you do want to use QF, I definitely suggest you get it from a reliable source. I know some friends of mine have ordered it from buyfakeurine.com, who gets it directly from the manufacturers to ensure quality. As a bonus, they also sell Monkey Dongs (preferable to Whizzinators), should you feel you need one. They’re commonly used together.
For those worried about their substituted sample being detected as synthetic, if the formula is good it won’t happen. I’ve personally e-mailed the distributors of both Sub-Solution and Purine and they have only ever had their urine rejected due to temperature which is a customer-side error that will happen every now and then no matter what if you have many people using a synthetic urine (see these tips on keeping urine warm). Never has their synthetic urine been detected as synthetic or faulty. If you get QF from a reliable source who in turn get theirs straight from the manufacturer, I’m inclined to believe the same holds true but I can’t say for sure.
There are other options in the industry such as U pass, Magnum Detox, P-sure, Clean Stream, X-Stream, Dr Green’s Agent X, Urine Luck, Monkey Whizz etc. if you choose to test those instead. There are many shady and falsely over-hyped rip-off brands though, so watch out. How well they compare to Sub-Solution and Purine I can’t vouch for, although likely poorly in many cases.
As a word of caution you may want to steer clear of buying your fake urine from Amazon or Ebay since that comes with certain risks, including counterfeit, knockoff products.
Just remember to always do your homework/research properly beforehand or it can end up costing you dearly.
What are your thoughts on and experiences on synthetic urine and drug tests? Would you rather take a saliva, hair or blood test?
Moral/legal issues with artificial urine compromising a drug-free environment at work? Do share your opinions in the comments!